Root Veg and Beef Dish
ready in 3 h. 40 min.
- 0.333 cup olive oil
- 35 ozs beef topside (trimmed and ties)
- 4 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 large carrots (peeled and cut into batons)
- 4 large Parsnips (peeled and cut into batons)
- 2 cups baby Turnip (peeled)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 2 Tbsps flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Preheat the oven to 150°C(130° fan)|300F|gas 2.
Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large casserole dish set over a moderate heat until hot. Season the beef with salt and pepper before sealing in the hot oil until golden all over.
Remove from the dish and add a little more of the oil, followed by the garlic and vegetables. Fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until starting to colour.
Deglaze the dish with the white wine, letting it reduce by half. Add the stock, stir well, and position the beef over the vegetables.
Transfer to the oven to roast for 2 hours 30-45 minutes until the beef is tender and registers at least 65°C|150F on a meat thermometer.
Remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminium foil, and leave to rest for at least 15 minutes.
Garnish with the herbs before serving.