Orange Flower Cupcakes with Marshmallow Creme Topping
- For the cupcakes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup superfine caster sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon Orange blossom water
- 1 tablespoon cream (18% fat)
- For the topping
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow cream
- 1 tablespoon cream (48% fat)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cupcakes: heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Place paper cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs until blended.
Sift in the flour and beat well. Stir in the orange flowerwater and cream.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the topping: whisk together all the ingredients until light and fluffy.
Spread generously on top of the cakes. Top with a spoonful of marmalade and decorate with rosemary.