Olive, Sun-Dried Tomato, Goat Cheese and Red Pepper Cake
ready in 1 hr 20 min.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for the pans)
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened; plus extra for the pan)
- 2 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- 1 cup Whole milk (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (havles)
- 1 ½ cups pitted Kalamata Olive
- 1 cup roasted, red Bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups aged Goat cheese (sliced)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- In Addition
- 1 Springform pan (25cm x 6cm|10 x 2 1/2-inch)
Position oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease and flour the springform pan, shaking out any excess flour.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, blend sugar and eggs on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the butter and drizzle in the olive oil. Alternate adding milk and the flour mixture, blend until incorporated.
Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, and goat cheese over the batter. Repeat with another layer of batter, followed by another layer of vegetables and goat cheese. Repeat once again, ending with vegetables and goat cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for approximately 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack. Loosen the edges with a butter knife and release the springform pan. Serve at room temperature.