- 2 jars sour cherries (about 800 grams or 28 ounces, drained)
- 250 grams Butter
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 6 Eggs
- 400 grams Pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking powder
- 5 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 packet Vanilla pudding powder
- Milk (according to amount required in the pudding package directions)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 200 grams softened Butter
- 50 grams Powdered sugar
- 200 grams Dark couverture chocolate
- 25 grams Clarified butter
Preheat the convection oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
Grease a baking sheet.
Drain the cherries well. Cut the butter into pieces, place in a mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar and salt until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
Sift the flour and baking powder over the eggs and fold into the eggs, alternating with the milk. Spread half of the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and smooth. Stir the cocoa powder and rum into the remaining batter and carefully spread over the first layer of batter. Distribute the cherries over the top. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to cool on the baking sheet.
For the topping, prepare the pudding mix with milk according to the package directions.
Beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy. Stir in the pudding and spread on the cooled cake.
Chop the chocolate and melt together with the butter over a hot water bath. Drizzle over the cake, then let cool. Cut into pieces and serve.