Italian Vegetable Soup
8,9 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 4 Tbsps olive oil (divided)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 large, red Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup Corn kernel
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- salt (to taste)
- peppers (to taste)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups canned Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 cups fresh Broccoli (trimmed and finely diced)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add the garlic, red pepper, carrots, corn, celery, and zucchini. Cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour in the stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add the broccoli and simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender crisp. Stir in the remaining olive oil. Garnish with parsley and serve.