ready in 1 hr 5 min.
- 3 large, fresh eggs
- 1 ½ cups half and half cream
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lobster meat (coarsely chopped)
- ¾ cup Cheddar cheese (grated)
- ¾ cup Swiss cheese (grated)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small sweet onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp Tarragon
- 2 tsps fresh thyme (divided)
- ¼ tsp Dry mustard
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground peppers (to taste)
- 1 unbaked Pastry shell (9-inch)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl beat eggs well; add half-and-half and beat again. Stir in lobster meat and cheeses and set aside.
In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the onion until slightly softened (about 4 minutes), stir in the garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Remove from heat. Add the onion mixture, tarragon, 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, dry mustard, parsley, salt and pepper to the lobster and cheese mixture and mix to thoroughly incorporate.
Pour into prepared pastry shell. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until quiche has set. Let quiche cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkling with the remaining thyme. Serve.