Filled Fennel and Vegetables
ready in 45 min.
- 4 Fennel bulb (halved lengthways, core not completely removed)
- 2 onions (halved lengthways)
- 4 large, red pointed pepper (top sliced off and deseeded)
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups Couscous (instant)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup small Mushrooms (cut into wafer-thin slices)
- ¾ cup shaved Parmesan
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped parsley
- lemon juice
Blanch the fennel and onions in salted water for approximately 5 minutes. Refresh in cold water and pat dry. Hollow each piece out carefully and finely chop the removed flesh.
Drizzle the fennel, onions and peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the barbecue for approx. 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Put the couscous in a bowl, pour over the boiling stock and leave for around 10 minutes for the liquid to absorb. Stir in the mushrooms, chopped fennel and onion, the parmesan and the parsley. Season to taste with salt, ground black pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
Remove the vegetables from the barbecue, fill with the couscous mixture and serve.