Fennel Salad with Tomatoes
- 1 Fennel bulb
- Basil (1 tablespoon finely chopped)
- parsley (1 tablespoon finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (chopped)
- 1 sun-dried tomato (in oil)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground peppers
- 3 tablespoons White vinegar
- 100 milliliters Vegetable broth (Instant)
- 300 grams small tomatoes
Wipe the fennel and remove the fronds. Finely chop and reserve. Halve the fennel, remove the stalk, and julienne crosswise. Dry the sun-dried tomatoes and finely chop. Sauté the fennel in a little oil with the rosemary for 2-3 minutes. Sauté, but don't allow to brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mix the remaining oil with the vinegar, and instant broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in the fennel fronds, basil, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir in the fennel. Rinse, trim, and slice the tomatoes. Transfer to a large bowl, add the fennel-marinade mixture, and toss to combine.