ready in 6 h. 30 min.
- 9 ozs Dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- ¾ cup cream (35% fat)
- 0.083 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (diced cut into small pieces)
- 2 ½ ozs almond Biscotti (broken into small pieces)
- 5 ozs Nut (almonds, hazelnuts, very roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Brandy (optional)
- powdered sugar
Melt the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
Heat the cream and syrup in a heavy-based pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
Slowly pour the cream mixture into the melted chocolate, stirring until smooth.
Beat in the butter until incorporated, then stir in the biscotti, nuts and brandy (if using). Cover and chill for 2 hours until firm but malleable.
Turn out onto a sheet of cling film and divide into two. Roll each piece tightly into a sausage shape in a sheet of cling film. Tie the ends of the cling film and chill for about 4 hours until firm enough to slice.
Remove the cling film and roll the ‘sausages’ in plenty of icing sugar. Cut into slices to serve.