Coconut Chicken Soup
- 300 grams Chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsps Fish sauce
- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 300 milliliters Coconut milk (Canned, unsweetened)
- 600 milliliters Chicken broth
- 1 tsp grated fresh peeled ginger
- 1 Red chili pepper
- 4 Tbsps Lime juice
- 4 Lime leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 150 grams Sour cream
- ½ Coconut (coarsely shredded)
- 4 young, fresh Mallow fruits (if desired)
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Rinse and halve chile lengthwise, remove seeds and ribs and finely chop.
Mix chicken with fish sauce and soy sauce and let marinate 15 minutes.
In a pot, heat coconut milk and chicken broth. Add ginger, chile, lemon juice and sugar. Simmer 5 minutes.
Add marinated chicken and shredded coconut. Let stand about 7 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat briefly. Add lime leaves just before serving.
Serve soup in halved coconuts if desired, and garnish with mallow fruit if desired.