Chinese Pork Broth
ready in 35 min.
- 1 handful dried Wood Ear Mushrooms (mu err)
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ inches fresh ginger (finely sliced)
- 1.333 cups Oyster mushrooms (sliced)
- 1.333 cups shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 Soy sausages (sliced diagonally)
- 2 cups Seitan (cut into strips)
- 2 red chili peppers jar (more if desired), chopped
- 1 ¾ cups Bok Choy (cut into strips)
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 handful Thai basil (roughly chopped)
- 1.333 cups soybean (jar)
- 3 Tbsps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps rice schnapps
- 1 ½ cups guoba (scorched rice)
- vegetable oil
Soften the mu err mushrooms according to the directions on the packet. Drain and chop.
Heat the oil in a wok and fry the ginger and the mushrooms for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Add the sausages, seitan, chilli and bok choy and fry for a few minutes. Add the stock, Thai basil and the soya beans and simmer for around 5 minutes. Season with the soy sauce and the rice schnapps.
Fry the guoba in hot oil until crispy, pat dry on kitchen paper and break into pieces. Place in bowls, add the soup and serve.