ready in 55 min.
- For the Soup
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Cauliflower (chopped small, stem discarded)
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (crushed)
- For the Chutney
- 5 ½ cups unripe Mangoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 ¼ cups yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 1 ¼ Tbsps fresh ginger (grated)
- ¾ Tbsp garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups White vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups Golden raisins
- ½ tsp canning salt
- 2 tsps Chili powder
- fresh Basil (for garnish)
- fresh cilantro (for garnish)
For the Soup:
Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes or until golden. Add in the cauliflower, stir and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the broth and loosely cover on medium heat for 15 minutes or until cauliflower is cooked. Remove from heat and let cool.
Pour the mixture into a blender or use a stick blender to puree the soup. Pour back into the pot, heat through over medium heat. Adjust texture to preference, adding more broth, or adding cream to thicken. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
For the Chutney:
In a blender or food processor puree the mango until smooth.
Pour the pureed mango into a stock pot over medium high heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
Continue to cook the chutney, stirring frequently, until it reaches 200° F/90° C.
Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with a little of the mango chutney. Garnish with fresh basil and cilantro and serve.