Cabbage Pumpkin Soup
- 500 grams Green cabbage (about 1 kilogram)
- 1 piece Pumpkin (about 400 grams)
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 large, tart Apple
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish (fresh or from a jar)
Rinse the cabbage, quarter and slice. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and dice the flesh.
Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic. Saute the onions and garlic in hot oil until translucent. Add the cabbage and pumpkin. Saute breifly. Pour in 800 ml (approximately 3.5 cups) of water and bring to a boil. Season with vegetable broth powder, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Peel the apple, dice and add to the soup. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Mix in the parsley and season with salt and horseradish. Serve immediately.