Bell Peppers with Rice
- 350 grams Rice
- 2 carrots
- 5 Bell pepper (red, yellow and green)
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon hot ground paprika
- 100 milliliters dry white wine
- 100 milliliters Broth
- 50 milliliters Whipped cream
- marjoram (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
- 2 tablespoons Whipped cream
In a saucepan, bring 700 ml (approximately 3 cups) of salted water to a boil. Cook the rice in the water according to package directions.
Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut into pieces. Rinse the bell peppers, cut in half, remove seeds, remove ribs and dice. Peel the onion and chop. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion along with the chopped carrots, deglaze with broth, cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add the paprika and chile pepper paste. Pour in wine, 50 ml (approximately 3 tablespoons) creme fraiche, broth, bell pepper and a little chopped marjoram. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan, bring to a boil again and season with salt and pepper.
Put the rice in a large greased or 4 small greased ring molds. Press firmly and unmold on plates.
Put the vegetables in the center of each rice ring and serve garnished with creme fraiche and marjoram.