Beef Roulades with Carrots and Broccoli
- 4 slices Beef from the leg (each about 125 g)
- freshly ground peppers
- 400 grams cooked potatoes (from the day before)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter
- 500 milliliters Beef broth
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables (such as carrot, leek, parsnip or other aromatic vegetables such as celery or onion)
- 2 teaspoons grated Lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
Season meat with salt and pepper.
Cut the potatoes into small cubes, season with salt and pepper and mix with 2 tablespoons creme fraiche and parsley. Spread this mixture onto the meat slices. Roll up and tie. Cook roulades in hot clarified butter. Rinse soup vegetables, brush, dice and add with the lemon zest to the roulades. Pour in beef broth. Cover and stew over medium heat for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove roulades and keep warm. Strain the broth with vegetables through a sieve into a saucepan, bring to boil, stir in tomato paste and season.
Meanwhile peel carrots and cut into diamond-shaped pieces. Sauté in hot butter in a pan and season with salt and pepper. Pour in 1 cup of water, cover and cook approximately 8 minutes.
Cook broccoli in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.
Serve roulades with sauce on plates and serve with the vegetables.