Baked Chinese Cabbage
7,7 / 10
ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- butter (for the dish)
- flour (for the dish)
- 7 ½ cups chinese Cabbage (sliced)
- 0.333 cup butter (softened)
- 4 eggs (separated)
- ½ cup Pistachio (chopped)
- 2 cups Cheese (e. g. Emmental, Greyerzer, grated)
- 0.333 cup cream (at least 30% fat)
- 4 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Heat the oven to 180°C (160°C in a fan oven), 350°F, gas 4 and brush a baking dish with butter and sprinkle with flour.
Quickly blanche the cabbage in salted, boiling water and then drain.
Mix together the butter and the egg yolks until creamy. Add a pinch of nutmeg, the cabbage and the pistachios. Alternately add the cheese, cream and creme fraiche.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the mixture along with the flour. Season with a pinch of salt. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes. Serve immediately.