7,7 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 8 fresh Lasagne noodle (sheets)
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Leeks (washed and thinly sliced)
- 9 Tbsps flour
- 5 Tbsps butter
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsps fresh thyme (chopped)
- Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- salt (to taste)
- peppers (to taste)
- 1 large Eggplant (sliced)
- 1 ¾ cups Gorgonzola (broken into pieces)
- ¾ cup Parmesan (freshly grated for filling, plus an additional 55 g | 0.5 cup to finish)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Cook the pasta sheets in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and place on a clean dish towel.
In a skillet, sauté the leeks in the olive oil for 5 minutes, just until softened.
To prepare the sauce, place the flour, butter and milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Add the thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Simmer the sauce for 2 minutes.
In an greased, 9” x 7” baking dish or other small shallow casserole dish, start first layer with 2 lasagna sheets, then the leeks, eggplant, Gorgonzola and Parmesan. Scatter the sauce over the layer. Repeat two more times ending with a fourth layer of lasagna sheets. Finish with a layer of sauce and grated cheese.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and browned on top.