Tomato and Egg Bake
ready in 36 min.
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 small sweet onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 4 ripe Tomatoes (rinsed; seeded and diced)
- 1 Jalapeño (rinsed; trimmed and finely chopped)
- 1 small, red Bell pepper (rinsed; seeded and finely chopped)
- 4 large eggs
- coarse salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley rinsed; trimmed and finely chopped (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Heat coconut oil in an oven-proof skillet, set over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and peppers; saute for about 5 minutes.
Using the back of a wooden spoon make 4 indentations in the salsa mixture. Crack an egg into egg indentation, season to taste with salt and pepper. Carefully place skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
Sprinkle with grated cheese and continue baking for about 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with parsley and divide between serving dishes.