Raisin and Nut Yeast Bread
- 500 grams Pastry flour (approximately 18 ounces, or 2 cups)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cube fresh Yeast
- 80 grams sugar (approximately 4 ounces, or 1/3 cup)
- ⅛ l lukewarm milk (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- 60 grams butter (approximately 3 ounces)
- 1 organic lemon (of the cup)
- 150 grams Yogurt (approximately 5 ounces)
- 1 tsp Orange peel
- 1 tsp ground anise seed
- 125 grams Rum raisin (approximately 4 ounces)
- 50 grams chopped Hazelnuts (approximately 2 ounces)
- 40 grams Pine nuts (approximately 2 ounces)
- Pastry flour (to roll out dough)
- Fat (for the pan)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp honey
Put the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the middle. Crumble yeast and mix with 1 tablespoon sugar and 6 tablespoons milk. Mix with flour and salt, cover and let rise in a warm place. Mix the remaining sugar, the egg, butter, lemon zest, yogurt and spices.
Add all ingredients to dough and if dough is too dry, add milk as necessary. Knead, adding in the raisins, nuts and pine nuts. Knead the dough and let rise about 1/2 an hour in a warm place. Preheat convection oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F). Remove 1/4 of the dough and on a floured work surface form the remaining dough into a round body.
Separate remaining section of dough into 6 strands 12 cm long (approximately 5 inches). Twist strands and lay in a star shape on the bread. Place bread in a greased springform pan (22 cm diameter, approximately 9 inches), brush with the egg yolk and honey and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.