Mediterranean Bean and Veggie Broth
ready in 13 h. 40 min.
- 2 cups dried Beans (e. g. Borlotti)
- 2 onions (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup Celeriac (peeled and diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 8 cups green kale (cavolo nero)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups day-old white bread (diced)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan (grated)
Soften the beans in cold water overnight. The next day, drain them and then place them in a pot of water and cook for around 45 min.
Place the diced vegetables in a large pot of oil with the rosemary and fry gently. Add the cabbage and season with salt and ground black pepper.
Remove around three quarters of the beans from the pot and puree the rest. Add to the vegetables along with the stock. Simmer on a low heat for around 30 min. Add more stock if necessary.
Add the bread and the beans to the soup for the last 5 min. Season with salt and ground black pepper and serve sprinkled with Parmesan.