Halloween Skeleton Cupcakes
An extremely important element of a healthy diet is moderation. These are a delightful thing to treat yourself with, especially on a holiday. They are high in calories, fat, and sugar, but they still contain energizing carbs, some nutrients from the dark chocolate, and healthy fats from the dairy.
You can leave out the orange zest if you don't want any orange flavor in the cupcakes.
- For the cupcakes
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup superfine caster sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Orange (finely grated zest)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- For the chocolate frosting
- ⅔ cup plain Dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup Crème fraiche
- ½ cup powdered sugar (sifted)
For the cupcakes: preheat the oven to 350°F. Place 10 paper liners in a cupcake tin.
Spoon the mixture into the paper liners and bake for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.