Fruity North African Stew
ready in 1 hr 10 min.
- 4 cups Pork (e. g. loin, roughly diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shallots (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 ¼ cups Baby carrots (peeled)
- ⅞ cup Meat stock
- 2 Apple (quartered, cored and sliced)
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon honey
- lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups instant Couscous
In a tajine, fry the meat in the oil on a high heat. Add the shallots, garlic and carrots and quench with the meat stock.
Add the apples, cinnamon and honey and season with salt and ground black pepper. Simmer for approx. 35 mins with a lid on.
In the meantime pour the vegetable stock over the couscous and let soak for 10 minutes. Then stir with a fork.
Season the tajine with lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper and serve on top of the couscous.