Espresso Mini Muffins
- For the batter
- 200 grams Pastry flour
- 50 grams grated Hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 50 grams sugar
- 60 milliliters vegetable oil
- 50 grams Mocha flavored chocolate
- 100 milliliters cold Espresso
- 150 milliliters Buttermilk
For the batter, mix the flour, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Finely grind the chocolate and stir into the flour mixture.
In another bowl, beat the egg, sugar, oil, mocha-flavored chocolate, espresso and buttermilk. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
Grease the muffin tin or line the wells with paper baking cups. Pour in the batter and bake for about 15 minutes at 180°C (approximately 350°F). Remove and let cool slightly in the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
To decorate, melt the chopped chocolate over a hot water bath. Let cool and brush over the muffins. Decorate each muffin with a coffee bean, let dry and serve.