Dark Chocolate and Herb Tart
- For the pastry
- 1.333 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsps chilled cream
- softened butter (for the tin)
- dried Beans (for blind baking)
- For the filling
- ⅞ cup cream
- 3.333 cups Dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids, roughly chopped)
- ½ cup butter (ice-cold, chopped)
- 2 Tbsps Mint liqueur (to taste)
- 1 handful Peppermint leaf
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
How healthy are the main ingredients?sugar
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan) | 400F |gas 6.
Work the butter, flour, sugar and cream together in a mixing bowl to form a dough. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
Butter the tart tin. Roll the pastry out thinly between two pieces of grease-proof paper and place in the tin, forming an edge. Line with greaseproof paper, fill with dried beans and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven and discard the beans and grease-proof paper.
For the filling, heat the cream in a saucepan until it starts to boil. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour over the hot cream. Stir carefully with a spatula until the chocolate has dissolved. Stir in the butter until incorporated. Finally, stir in the liqueur.
Spread the mixture over the pastry base, smooth flat and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until set.
Scatter mint leaves over the top of the tart. Dust with icing sugar and serve.