Chicken and Rice-Stuffed Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Chicken breast (Cut into small cubes)
- 2 stalks Celery (thinly sliced)
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- thyme (Dried, 1/2 teaspoon)
- oregano (Dried, 1/2 teaspoon)
- 300 grams Long grain rice
- 600 milliliters Chicken broth
- 250 grams chopped tomatoes (Canned)
- 4 large, red Bell pepper
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat oil in a pan and roast chicken for about 4 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside. Heat the celery in the oil for about 2-3 minutes. Add paprika, thyme, oregano and rice and mix, then stir in the broth and let simmer for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and let simmer for 10 more minutes. Pour out some liquid, if desired. Mix the mixture with the chicken cubes.
Rinse peppers, cut off the tops and remove seeds and white inner skin. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes as well, hollow out using a spoon, finely chop the pulp and fry with a little tomato paste in a small pan. Fill the peppers and tomatoes with the rice mixture, and place the tops back on. Place on a greased baking sheet, cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 25 minutes. Serve garnished with the tomato sauce and parsley.