Beet Apple Quinoa Salad
This veggie salad is packed with protein from the quinoa and antioxidants from the beets.
If you're not vegan, goat cheese pares wonderfully in this recipe and packs it with protein.
- 7 ounces Quinoa
- 2 raw Beets (peeled and grated)
- 1 Apple (peeled and grated)
- ½ pomegranate
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Red onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 Red Bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Pomegranate Syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Hemp seeds
Rinse the quinoa and cook in 16 ounces of boiling salted water according to the instructions on the packet. Set aside to cool.
Wash peel and grate the beet and apple
Halve the pomegranate, break it into large pieces, and remove the seeds. Wash and chop the cilantro.
Peel the onion and finely chop. Wash the red pepper and finely chop.
In a large salad bowl whisk together the vinegar, pomegranate syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add all of the remaining ingredients and gently toss until well combined.
Serve chilled or room temperature.