Sweet Potato and Apple Soup with Beet Crisps
ready in 45 min.
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Tbsps minced shallots
- 1 medium onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 large carrot (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- 3 cups Sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 medium Apple (peeled; cored and chopped)
- 2 cups clear Vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro (or fresh parsley)
- beet chip (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven, set over medium heat. Sauté shallots, onions and carrots for 4 to 5 minutes. Add curry powder and stir until fragrant. Add sweet potatoes and apples followed by vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove pot from heat source. Using an immersion blender, purée mixture until smooth. Return to pot to heat source, stir in milk, then heat through.
Ladle soup into individual serving bowls and garnish with cilantro sprigs and beet crisps, if desired.