Monkfish with Wild Asparagus and Tagliatelle
84 / 100
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 Plum tomato (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree
- 4 Monkfish steak (on the bone)
- ⅞ cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch Wild Asparagus (trimmed)
- ½ lemon (zest finely grated)
- ½ bunch parsley (chopped)
- Tagliatelle (to serve)
Heat the olive oil in a casserole and gently fry the onion and garlic until translucent. Add the tomatoes and puree and cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes have collapsed.
Add the monkfish and colour on both sides before pouring over the white wine. Season and reduce the heat right down. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes very gently.
Cut the asparagus into short lengths and add to the pan with the lemon zest. Cook until just tender – 8 minutes or so.
Remove the monkfish when cooked and stir in the parsley. Reduce the sauce if it’s a little thin. Serve with tagliatelle.