for 6 servings
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 15 ounces canned Pumpkin
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup Pumpkin seed (for garnish)
- fresh Chervil finely chopped (for garnish)
In a large heavy saucepan, heat all ingredients except cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes. Slowly add cream and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. When ready to serve, garnish with pumpkin seeds and chervil.
Soup may also be served in a freshly hollowed pumpkin. If serving in hollowed pumpkin, warm hollowed pumpkin in a 350º F oven for 20 minutes, prior to serving.