Lamb with Asparagus
- For the asparagus
- 20 pieces Yardlong Beans about 50 cm long (approximately 20 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- For the lamb
- 2 garlic
- 1 Rack of lamb (Ask butcher to cut in half and remove spine) with ribs, about 800 grams (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- freshly ground peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 milliliters lamb stock (approximately 7 ounces)
- sauce thickener (dark)
- For the gnocchi
- 500 grams fresh Gnocchi (Refrigerated) (approximately 18 ounces)
For the asparagus: Rinse the asparagus and bring to boil in large pot of salted water. Boil for about 6 minutes and drain well.
For the lamb: Preheat the oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F). Peel and mince garlic. Rub garlic and herbs on the lamb, season with salt and pepper. In an ovenproof pan heat the olive oil and sear the lamb on all sides. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes (depending on size) until no longer pink. To make gravy, boil lamb stock and thicken with a little cornstarch.
For the gnocchi: Cook gnocchi in salted water according to package directions.
For the asparagus: Heat the butter in a pan with balsamic vinegar, then add asparagus. Dust with powdered sugar and let caramelize slightly.
Slice lamb and serve with asparagus, gnocchi and gravy. If desired, garnish and serve with rosemary.