Lamb Stew with Zucchini
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic
- 800 grams lamb (from the leg)
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 250 milliliters dry white wine
- 250 milliliters Beef broth
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (edelsüß)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 zucchini
- 1 handful mint
- 1 handful Baby spinach
- 200 milliliters Whipped cream
- freshly ground peppers
Peel the onion and garlic and chop finely. Rinse the lamb, pat dry and cut into bite-size pieces. Brown on all sides in portions in hot butter in a large pan, then remove. Add the onion with the garlic to the pan and sauté until translucent. Place the meat back in pan and pour in the wine and broth. Stir in the cinnamon, cloves, paprika and ginger and simmer gently about 1.5 minutes.
Rinse the zucchini and cut into thin slices. Rinse the mint and pluck off the leaves. Rinse the spinach thoroughly and spin dry.
Add the zucchini, mint and spinach to the stew in the last 10 minutes. Stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper and serve.