Vietnamese-style Beef Curry
ready in 1 hr 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups Beef shoulder (ready-to-cook, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 5 shallots (cut into wedges)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon black Bean sauce
- ½ teaspoon Yellow root
- 2 Star anise
- ground cilantro
- ⅞ cup Beef stock
- 7 ounces thin Rice noodles
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Cashews (chopped)
Heat the oil in a wok and fry the meat on all sides on a high heat. Add the shallots and fry for a few minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and add the black bean sauce. Add the spices, deglaze with the stock and braise on a medium heat for 50-60 min.
Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 2 min. Drain well and rinse with warm water.
Heat the coconut fat in a pot and fry the noodles until golden brown.
Arrange the noodles on plates, season the meat to taste and serve on top of the noodles. Serve garnished with the coriander leaves and the cashew nuts.