Tuna and Bean Salad
9,0 / 10
ready in 20 min.
- 1 handful fresh Green beans (washed and trimmed)
- salt (to taste)
- 3 Tbsps white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 ½ Tbsps vegetable stock
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ head Romaine lettuce (roughly torn)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cups canned White bean (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup canned Tuna (drained and flaked)
- 10 black Olives
- 2 Tbsps fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup seasoned Crouton (to garnish)
Blanche the green beans in salted, boiling water for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and plunge into ice water to stop the blanching process. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and stock together. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large salad bowl, mix the green beans, lettuce, shallots, cherry tomatoes, white beans and tuna together. Toss to thoroughly mix.
Divide among plates and drizzle with dressing. Serve garnished with black olives, parsley and croutons.