Tomato Curry Soup with Lentils
- 3 Red onions
- 2 garlic
- 1 thick Leek
- 300 grams Chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400 grams Diced tomatoes
- iodized salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons mild Curry powder
- Instant chicken broth
- 830 grams letils with Soup vegetables (canned)
- 1 Red Bell pepper
- 100 grams Whipped cream
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic. Rinse the leek and cut into rings. Cut chicken breast into strips. Heat oil in a pan, fry chicken strips briefly, add the prepared vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper, sprinkle with curry and cook, while stirring. After 5 minutes, add the chicken broth and the lentils and cover the pot. Meanwhile, finely chop parsley and dice the bell peppers.
After 30 minutes, add the whipping cream. Continue cooking for 3 minutes. Season with lemon juice and iodized salt. Serve the soup garnished with parsley and diced peppers.