Spicy Chicken Skewers
ready in 26 min.
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped (divided)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- wooden Skewer (pre-soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 red chile peppers (rinsed and trimmed)
- 3 scallions (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1.333 cups vegetable stock
Prepare the grill for direct grilling.
Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut lengthwise into strips 1-inch wide.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 of the chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Thread the chicken onto the prepared skewers and brush with the garlic oil marinade and let marinate for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the peppers and the white portion of the onions into rings. Cut the green portion of the onions into thin strips. Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan and saute the remaining garlic, chili peppers and onions for 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Add the vinegar and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer sauce for 2 to 3 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
Place skewered chicken on hot grill grate and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is seared, golden brown and juices run clear.
Transfer cooled sauce to serving dish and serve with grilled chicken kebabs.