- 150 grams smoked Trout fillet
- 200 grams Double cream cheese (60-75% fat)
- finely grated Lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Creme fraiche cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- lemon slice (and herbs for garnish)
Coarsely chop the smoked trout and add to a food processor or blender with the double cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and creme fraiche. Puree the mixture until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until well chilled.
Scoop the mousse onto a small plate lined with lemon slices and garnish with fresh herbs.