Pickled Fish with Roe
- 1 cup Soused herring (in oil, diced)
- ¼ Apple (diced)
- 1 hard-boiled egg (chopped)
- 2 sprigs Dill (chopped)
- 1 small gherkin (plus pickling water, diced)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons Lumpfish caviar
- Dill (to garnish)
- sliced Red onions (to garnish)
Mix together the fish, apple, egg, dill, gherkins, vinegar and oil and season to taste with salt, ground black pepper, gherkin water and a pinch of sugar.
Transfer to glasses and serve garnished with caviar, dill and onion.