- 600 grams Chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon Peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped Peanuts
- 2 chile peppers
- 150 milliliters Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- soy sauce
- ½ bunch cilantro (chopped)
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams Yogurt (0.1% fat)
- ½ bunch Thai basil (finely chopped)
- 1 splash Lime juice
Toast the peanuts in a dry skillet.
Rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry and cut into strips.
Peel the shallots and finely chop.
Halve the chiles lengthwise, remove seeds and finely chop.
Sauté chicken breasts with shallot cubes in hot oil until seared. Stir in peanut butter, chile and ginger and pour in the broth. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 minutes.. Stir constantly until the liquid is almost completely evaporated. Then remove from heat and let cool. Finally add the cilantro and toasted peanuts(up to a tablespoon) and season with soy sauce.
Mix the sauce with yogurt, cream cheese, basil and lime juice.
Serve the chicken warm, with the sauce and sprinkled with the remaining peanuts.