Mixed Bean Stew on Peanut Butter Bruschetta
ready in 30 min.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 red pepper (roughly diced)
- 1 ⅔ cups black beans (tinned, drained)
- 1 ⅔ cups White bean (from a jar, drained)
- 3 tomatoes (peeled, deseeded and roughly diced)
- 2 handfuls mixed Fresh herbs (e. g. parsley, basil, coriander, finely chopped)
- chili peppers
- 4 slices Wholemeal Bread (ready-sliced)
- 6 Tbsps Peanut butter
- 2 Tbsps sliced almonds
Heat the oil and fry the shallot. Add the pepper and both types of beans, cover and simmer gently for approx. 10 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and herbs and season to taste with salt, ground black pepper, a pinch of chilli and a pinch of sumac.
Toast the bread until crispy and spread with peanut butter. Spoon the beans on top and serve sprinkled with almonds.