Marinated Chicken Skewers
1 hr 30 min.
This lean dish provides plenty of nutrients with limited calories and fat. In combination with the salad, this well rounded meal is perfect for anyone on a diet!
You can also use tofu instead of chicken for a vegetarian version.
Author of this recipe:
all recipes of this author
- For the kebabs
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 1 unwaxed lemon (finely grated zest and juiced)
- 1 Tbsp clear honey
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 small, skinless Chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 1 Red onion (cut into small chunks)
- 2 red peppers (cut into small chunks)
- 1 small Pineapple (cut into small chunks)
- freshly ground peppers
- For the salad
- 3 cups mixed salad
- 1 Tbsp Pumpkin seed
How healthy are the main ingredients?garlic clovehoneyPumpkin seedsoy sauceAvocado oillemon
For the kebabs: mix together the garlic, lemon juice and zest, honey, soy sauce, and oil in a shallow dish. Add the chicken, stir well, and cover. Chill for 1 hour.
Preheat the barbecue or grill to a moderately hot setting.
Thread the marinated chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto metal skewers.
Cook on the barbecue or under the grill for 6 - 7 minutes on each side, turning frequently and basting with the marinade from time to time, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden-brown in colour.
Serve with salad sprinkled with pumpkin seeds on the side.