Lamb and White Bean Ragout
1 hr 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 4 cups lamb (cut from the leg and cubed)
- 2 onions (sliced into rings)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 red chile pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 4 cups lamb stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 ¾ cups Green beans (trimmed)
- 2 cups canned navy bean (drained and rinsed)
- lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the meat on all sides - cook in batches if necessary.
Return all the meat to the pan, add the onion, garlic and chilli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time.
Add the stock and simmer gently for about 45 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
Add the haricot beans, season with salt and pepper and serve with the lemon zest.