Indonesian Salad with Peanut
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Peanut butter
- ⅜ cup Coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sambal oelek
- 1.333 cups plain Yogurt
- 3 cups Iceberg lettuce (torn)
- 1.333 cups white Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 4 small tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 3 cups Mung bean sprouts
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (quartered)
Mix the shallots and garlic with the peanut butter and coconut milk and season to taste with sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice and sambal oelek. Stir in the yoghurt.
Line serving plates with the lettuce leaves and shredded cabbage. Arrange the cucumber, tomatoes and bean sprouts on top of the lettuce.
Spoon peanut sauce on top and garnish with the quartered eggs. Serve the remaining sauce separately.