Indian Chicken and Spinach Curry
ready in 3 h. 40 min.
- ½ cup Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Almond flour
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 pinch Panch Phoron (Indian 5 spice powder)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 Cardamom (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup canned tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium Chicken breasts (skinned and chopped into bite-sized chunks)
- 3 tablespoons clarified butter (or oil)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 handfuls Spinach (washed)
1 Small pot, 1 Small skillet, 1 Baking sheet, 3 Bowls, 1 Small bowl, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Small knife, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Fine-mesh sieve, 1 Whisk, 1 Rolling pin, 1 Hand mixer, 1 Immersion blender, 1 deep bowl, 1 Parchment paper, 1 Aluminum foil, 1 Ladle
Mix the yoghurt, ground almonds, garam masala, five-spice, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and salt.
Put the chicken into a large bowl and pour the yoghurt sauce over them. Mix and leave to stand in a cool place for at least 3 hours.
Heat the butter in a deep skillet, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and yogurt mixture, coconut milk and vegetable broth. Bring to the boil then simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Stir in the spinach and cook very gently for 5 minutes.
Season to taste and serve.