- 3 cloves garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 ½ cups canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 4 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps water
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp ground cilantro
- 6 Tbsps Tahini (store bought sesame paste)
- salt (to taste)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- black Olives
- 4 cayenne pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 fresh lemon (sliced into wedges)
- pita chip (or flat bread chips)
Using a food processor, pulse garlic to roughly chop. Add garbanzo beans, lemon juice, water, cumin, coriander and tahini, process until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt. Transfer to serving bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
To serve: Make a depression in the hummus with the back of a small spoon. Drizzle olive oil into the depression and garnish with a few black olive. Scatter a few pinches of cayenne pepper over the top and garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges. Serve with pita chips or flatbread.