Goat Cheese, Pear, and Ham Salad
7,2 / 10
- For Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons good-quality olive oil
- For Salad
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Pancetta (8 slices)
- 1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil
- 2 ripe, firm Pear (cored and sliced into wedges)
- 4 cups Bitter greens (or baby greens)
- 5 ounces blue Goat cheese (sliced)
- ½ cup shelled Hazelnuts (chopped)
- ⅔ cup seasoned Crouton
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Cook pancetta in oil in a heavy skillet, set over moderate heat, turning frequently, until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Break or cut into bite-size pieces.
Saute pear slices in pancetta drippings for 1 to 2 minutes, until just golden, but still firm.
Divide greens, pancetta, sliced pears and sliced cheese evenly among plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with hazelnuts and croutons. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.