Game Meat Stew with Veggies
9,1 / 10
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil
- 5 cups elk meat (e. g. loin, trimmed, ready to cook, cut into thin strips)
- 3 onions (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 ¼ cups carrots (halved lengthways and sliced)
- 2 cups black Salsify (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ⅔ cup Crème fraiche
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh Tarragon (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- Tarragon (to garnish)
Heat the oil in a pot and fry the meat on a high heat. Remove from the pot and set aside. Add the onion and the garlic to the pot and fry for a few minutes. Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes.
Return the meat to the pot, deglaze with the stock and simmer on a medium heat for 20-25 min.
Stir in the crème fraîche and the mustard. Add the herbs, season with salt and ground black pepper and bring to the boil. Season to taste, arrange on preheated plate and serve garnished with tarragon.