Fruity Red Cabbage
- 150 grams onions
- 600 grams Red cabbage (without stem)
- 40 grams dried Apricot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 grams Currants
- 1 jar Apple juice
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon ground cilantro
- cloves (to taste - about 1 pinch. Ground)
- allspice (To taste - about 1 pinch. Ground.)
- ½ teaspoon Mace
- 1 tablespoon Apple syrup
- 100 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 2 small tart Apple
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
Peel onion, chop finely, cut red cabbage and apricot into fine strips.
Sauté the onions in olive oil and add the cabbage. Mix in currants, apricots, apple juice, bay leaf, cilantro, cloves, allspice, mace and apple juice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes just until al dente. Possibly pour in some vegetable broth.
Cut apples into columns. Add apples, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar. Allow to simmer for another 3-5 minutes and season to taste.