Fried Spring Rolls with Shrimp Filling
- 14 dough for Spring rolls (frozen, 21 x 21 cm or approximately 8 x 8 inches)
- 4 Tongu mushrooms (dried)
- 250 grams soybean sprout
- 1 paprika (cut into fine strips)
- 2 scallions (cut into rings)
- Limes (zested and juiced)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 200 grams shrimp (cooked, shelled)
- 3 Tbsps vegetable oil
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
Soak the mushrooms in hot water for about 10 minutes. Remove the stems and cut into strips.
Fry the peppers and spring onions in hot oil, stir in the bean sprouts and cook for a few minutes. Stir in the shrimp.
Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with the lemon juice until smooth and add to the mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix the remaining starch with 4 tablespoons water until smooth.
Spread the dough sheets out on a work surface. Place some of the filling on the lower half, roll up part of the way, turn the edges inward and finish rolling tightly. Brush the edge with the cornstarch mixture and press well to secure.
Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large pot and fry the spring rolls in portions. Remove and allow to drain for about 2 minutes on paper towels.
Serve with spicy chile sauce for dipping.