Farro with Tomatoe and Basil
ready in 45 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ cups farro
- 2 tsps salt
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ vidalia onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh, Italian parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
In a medium saucepan, combine the water and farro. Add 2 teaspoons salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the farro is tender, about 30 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, and transfer to a large bowl to cool.
Add the tomatoes, onions, parsley, and basil to the farro, and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, balsamic vinegar, pepper and olive oil together. Drizzle over the salad and toss to thoroughly coat.
The salad can be chilled in the refrigerator or served at room temperature. Enjoy.