Creamy Cabbage and Bacon
ready in 22 min.
- 8 slices smoked Bacon
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 4 small, tender Leeks (cleaned and thinly sliced)
- 1 large Savoy cabbage (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup low-sodium Chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche (or sour cream)
- 3 scallions (cleaned; trimmed and finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
Cook bacon in a 12-inch non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat until crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer bacon using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat from skillet. Add garlic and leeks and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage, chicken stock, white wine and creme fraiche. Gently toss to combine. Simmer until cabbage is just beginning to wilt, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Crumble bacon and sprinkle bacon and chopped spring onions over cooked mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide between serving plates and serve immediately.